Scott Brady of Expedition Portal wrote a concise treatise entitled “The 10 Commandments of Modifying an Overland Vehicle” today. Below are the ten commandments. Click through to the ExPo article for the full write-up.
Simplicity and reliability is the key to vehicle preparation for long-distance adventure travel.
- Complexity is the enemy
- Weight is the enemy of performance
- Suspension Performance
- Keep the Engine Stock
- Isolate and Minimize All Electrical Modifications
- Use High Quality Tires in an Appropriate Tread
- Avoid Roof Loads at all Costs
- Secure the Load
- Quality and Design over Quantity